Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ad Junkie

As I understand, it`s a good sign if we are critique different types of media. Well, I must confess that I love to critique advertisements. What makes a good advertisement? Here I am going to compare and contrast two different types of advertisements that I`m sure most of us are familiar with.

A few summers back, Cumberland Farms ran an advertising campaign with David Hasselhoff singing a catchy (but annoying) jingle. But- I haven`t forgotten it, and I know it`s for Cumberland Farms Farmhouse blend coffee.  So with a lot of loud singing, noise, and narration this was a successful advertisement.
 To see this commercial, click here!


Nike however has done such an excellent job branding themselves that they don`t have to say anything but Just Do It in their print advertising or commercials.  On another note; Just Do It and the Nike logo are both examples of signifiers for Nike`s brand.
To see the Nike commercial, click here!

Both companies have chosen to use celebrity advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment