Monday, January 5, 2015

Turning Point

As I stated in my introduction e-mail to the class, I didn`t begin to take pride in my work until I took a journalism class. It was rewarding to see your work published for everyone to read after worrying all week if you would make the deadline because an interview fell through or your schedule was busy.  The journalism class I took has been one of the best classes that I felt actually has prepared me for life after college.

Here is some of my previous work that was published in the Cape Cod Community College student newspaper The Main Sheet.  I apologize, unfortunately I could not directly insert the PDFs. So I had to take pictures of my work with my iPhone. 




3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for posting these examples of your work... I think I can put my hands on some writing I did for my HS newspaper--maybe I can post that one day for giggles. Have you looked into THE COMMENT yet? Dr. Birthisel is the adviser, and she's super! Let me know if you'd like me to facilitate an introduction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dr. Ingvoldstad!

    You should post some of your work, that would be awesome to see. I looked into The Comment last semester but I was an overwhelmed transfer student so I decided that I could always join in the spring semester, which are my plans! I`ve heard wonderful things about Dr. Birthisel as well, I will send her an e-mail to gather some information about meetings and details about joining The Comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice, well-written, and researched articles Breanna, especially the one about the 3D printer. Having a 3D printer at a community college really makes CCCC appealing to undergraduates who want to get involved in this technological industry.
    One part of the story that I’m glad you mentioned was the purpose of the posters on the walls of the cafeteria. The instructor, Mr. Bsharah picked an ideal location to hold his presentation and found a smart way to communicate with some of the students who weren’t able to hear it word-for-word. The Comment would be lucky to have you!

    --Connor Berube

    ReplyDelete