Monday, July 6, 2015

Ready, Set, Study!

It`s that time again. It`s time for online bonding with classmates lots of coffee and late nights, and for once a FUN course that sounds interesting! I am beyond excited to be studying film history this semester, for several reasons.  For one, my major is Communication Studies with a concentration in Film, Video, & Media. I have been so tied up in courses that I think will better prepare me to be a news anchor or as they call it 'on air talent,' I have overlooked the courses such as this one that I think would be a good class for everyone!  By no means am I a film critic. However, in this major I have learned that it is important to look at material such as films, and writing with a critical eye.  I think looking at things from a critical eye is extremely beneficial to my learning because I can apply what I have learned in class to real works of published media such as films, newspapers, photography, etc.  Studying history is important. Film History is important. Film has represented global means of communicating local and national stories that matter. Films are created by the most talented writers, producers, directors, artists, actors, and videographers in the profession. Honestly, I am taking this course because I need to as part as my curriculum and it was available this summer, but I could have taken photography. I am glad to be studying film history this semester where I will learn valuable material and allow me to explore artistic visions, technological developments, and social changes in other cultures and compare them to American films.




In closing, I`ll admit that one of my goals in life is to become a good storyteller. In the field I am aspiring to be in you need to have good storytelling skills. I have a large interest for digital and multimedia storytelling so I can`t wait to see what this semester will bring as far as stories on the screen.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you know to be critical. I think it will help you go far with the "on air talent" goal! I think this class will be helpful for storytelling.

    ReplyDelete